Suggest treatment for severe panic attack, depression and anxiety

Posted on Tue, 12 Jul 2016 in Mental Health
Question: hello I have a question regarding panic disorder and depression. I always seem to get a different diagnosis between panic disorder or general anxiety disorder. my whole life ive had mild social phobia but after my dad died in may of 2015 I started having really weird symptoms. like I wouldn't cry and I was always tired than in December I had a horriable panic attack when attempting to exersicise a week later it moved to masturbation and sex than a month later it went to eating. basically I will shake and feel impending doom chest pain and shakey like im going to die for no reason and out of the blue. my gp did tons of mri and ct scan on chest brain spine holter monitor celiac test vitamin test heavy metal toxicity test. everything good except low vitamin d 15.6 ml and high pm cortisol. that's when doctor diganosied me with anxiety. over two months I saw two different psychiatrists and psychologist. one digoanosied me with depression and panic disorder, the other diagnosed me with general anxiety disorder and depression. so I am concerned with which I actually have. I am not scared of most things in general I just seem to feel anxious all the time for no reason. like my body symptoms are always there ever since first panic attack I do fear having another attack. but for example im not afraid or nervous to get in the car with my brother while he is driving, even though he crashed a car with me and him in it four months prior to my first panic attack. but I will panic if I try to jog or masterbate and I don't know why. doctor has me on Zoloft 150 mg day 9 and buspar 5mg once a day. what im also concerned about is,is whats the long term remssion rate for these conditions? also is there any other medical conditions like stomach cancer? I have stomach pain often and pain during bowel movements and am gassy often. when I wake up in the moring im very tired and slow, I feel like my head has been under water all night. I feel tired like I ran 10 miles breathe is shallow. sleep study came back normal
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

One other thing you may find useful, in addition to my previous suggestions, is cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). Studies show that a combination of antidepressant medication plus CBT is the most effective treatment for anxiety, rather than either one alone. You can search for a therapist in your area. I also offer online text-based therapy on this site via my private link below. Do you have any questions about therapy?

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 hours later
does Zoloft cause bad headaches? I have a horriable headaches andam very naushted and have lots of acid reflux. I have a small bruise on my forhead but I don't remember bumping it hard on anything. the headache kinda feels like a mild brain freeze. is there anything I can do for this? is this of a concern?I remember now I hit it on the car window yesterday trying to get out of the car, it wasent a hard hit though and barely hurt when it happened. I did bump into a few people while walking but than again I think my shoe was untied. anyway I just have a really bad headache in my forhead and in the back of my head from time to time I get these weird fluid sensation light lighting zaps of liquid its so weird
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
Zoloft does not typically cause headaches. It can cause GI upset and acid reflux in the first several days of treatment. Typically these symptoms will resolve within 7-10 days of starting a higher dose of Zoloft. As for the headache, it sounds like it was caused by bumping it. Don't be worried, this will go away soon. You can take over the counter acetaminophen.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist