• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe pain in the rhomboid muscles of the upper back

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: severe pain in this place (Rhomboid or Trapezoid muscle as attached sample pic) last couple of days. Had migraine attack 8 months back. Have taken Relpax 40mg 2 tab in last 36 hours and a couple of paracetamol due to severe pain.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may be a part of Migraine/Prophylactic medicines should be taken.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The pain in the regions for which pics you have attached, appears to be a part of Migraine.

Since it is persistent now, so, I would suggest you to start prophylactic medicines for Migraine like- Propranolol or Flunarizine or Amitriptyline. I hope in addition to triptans(as Relpax) for aborting the attacks, these medicines would be of help.

PLEASE TAKE MEDICINES UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF A PHYSICIAN.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist