Suggest treatment for severe pain in the neck
Can be posture related.
Thanks for posting your query.
It's not uncommon in young people like yourself to have these neck pains. These could be posture related. Though self limiting, it need not be underestimated.
You need to follow a healthy lifestyle. All you need to do is correct your posture habits, like appropriate neck position while working on computer, avoiding pillow while sleeping, or while making sudden movements.
I assure you this discomfort will go away unless you do something to aggravate it in your routine. You can even do neck isometric exercises, which you can learn from a physiotherapist near you.
Do not self medicate, or need not take prescribed medications at all unless absolutely necessary. Rest is the trick here, and specific aforesaid exercises are your only long term insurance. You may benefit from hot fomentation and frequent stretch breaks at work.
If it still fails to subside have it examined and investigated by your Orthopaedician soon. You can some oral muscle relaxants prescribed from after an examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain lithotripsy treatment
- Cystitis severe pain any treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe pain under the breast
- Severe pain neck headache tiredness
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris
- Treatment and cure for severe pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to dengenerative scoliosis