Suggest treatment for severe pain in the neck and left arm
C3/4: There is degenerative change of the right facet joint causing moderate
right foraminal stenosis which has progressed from prior study.
C4/5: There is bilateral moderate neural foraminal stenosis related to facet
degenerative changes. Central herniation seen on 2007 MRI has likely been
resected and is no longer apparent.
What treatment would you recommend ?
Cervical isometric exercises will help.
Thanks for posting your query.
The description you have given above goes with Cervical Spondylosis.
You have features of Disc Prolapse at C4-C5 levels with moderately severe compromise of neural foramen.
1. Use of cervical collar helps in immobilisation and brings relief.
2. Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
3. Methylcobalamin supplements are also recommended for nerve compression symptoms.
4. Cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Neck and upper back stretching exercises, as well as light aerobic activities, also are recommended under the guidance of a physical therapist.
5. Hot fomentation helps in relieving acute symptoms.
6. You can avoid using a pillow/ watching TV or working on computer.
Avoid prolonged sitting / leaning forward/ 2 wheeler driving for long distances.
A course of Muscle relaxants, interferential therapy (IFT) and/or Intermittent Cervical Traction (ICT) for a week followed by exercises will help you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pregnancy pain neck arm
- Suggest treatment for severe pain under the breast
- Severe pain neck headache tiredness
- Pain neck shoulder down arm
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris
- Treatment and cure for severe pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to dengenerative scoliosis