Suggest treatment for severe pain in the lower abdominal area

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am a girl of 27. Today I suddenly felt a pain in my lower abdomen ( ledt side) and after 10-15 seconds it went automatically. Now I an not having any pain / problem. I was having fever with cold yesterday but after taking crocin it was cured. I was examined by a doctor in last May 2016 for period irregularities and diagnosed with PCO by an ultrasound test. Is there anything serious or it is normal to have such pains for 10-15 seconds ????
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing worrisome.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A mild pain that lasted only 10-15 seconds can be due to an intestinal colic or a urinary colic due to a mild infection. it is not suggestive of any serious illness. in case the pain is recurrent or persistent then proper investigations are needed to find the cause.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Thank you madam. Madam, it was not a very mild pain but it was lasted for 10-15 seconds only in the left side of the lower abdomen. Is it ok or it may cause any problem ????
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs proper investigations to find cause.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
if it was a very sharp pain then it can be due to renal stone or an intestinal cause or an ovarian cause. You need proper investigations to find out the cause including an ultrasound scan. Do consult a gynecologist for proper evaluation. Cause cannot be detected without few test.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Thanks madam. Can it be due to any serious disease like cancer ????
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO.

Detailed Answer:
Not likely to be related to cancer. No need to worry.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D