• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe pain in the leg

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: My left leg feels like it's getting pulled off at the hip. The pain is excruciating. The Drs will Not prescribe anything for the pain. What can I do.
I've never been suicidal, but Damn!
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Make an urgent trip to the ER!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much of reaching out to us at healthcare magic.

I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I am pretty convinced your doctors didn’t realize the pain will get this worse. Given the excruciating nature of our pain, it is necessary to seek immediate help. I will recommend you go to the nearest emergency or urgency room for appropriate pin management. Also, report the worsening nature of your pain to your doctors so that they can step up the plan and make use of more potent pain medications.

In the interim, a combination of tylenol and Ibuprofen can help reduce the pain than either one alone. Take 800mg of Ibuprofen every 8hours and 1000mg of Tylenol in between doses. They both enhance the potency of each other.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me as you please. Let me know how this tuns out and whether the pain was adequately addressed. Most importantly, do not attempt suicide. Your life is very important.

I wish you well and await your updates.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah