Suggest treatment for severe pain in the left foot

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: 4 toes on left foot extreme pain. Could not cover feet with blanket due to pain. Big toe not included
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to arthritis.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in toes without any history of a direct injury in the area can be due to arthritis or a soft tissue inflammation. I recommend you to consult an Orthopedician for proper examination and few investigations.
Meanwhile -
1. Do a cold compress on the area of pain.
2. Avoid weight bearing on the foot.
3. Keep the foot elevated on two pillows while resting.
4. Get some mild pain killers prescribed from your doctor.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal