Suggest treatment for severe pain in the knee
Osteoarthritis of both knees
Thanks for posting your query.
According to attached X-rays there is osteoarthritis of both knees with osteoporosis. The treatment options include pain killers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc and some life style modifications and physiotherapy. f oral medicines are not helping then injections are a good option.
Hyaluronic acid injections given into the joint (especially large joints like knee joint) in prescribed dosages will give good short term pain relief in arthritic joints ranging from 1-2 years. She can take them after consulting an orthopaedic surgeon.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
knee replacement will be needed later.
Thanks for writing again.
Knee replacement will be needed if there is no response to medical treatment and injections. These treatment options can delay the replacement by a few years.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain lithotripsy treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe pain under the breast
- Suggest remedy for severe pain in the knee
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris
- Severe pain in left knee
- Treatment and cure for severe pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to dengenerative scoliosis