Suggest treatment for severe pain in the knee

Posted on Fri, 27 Jan 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello Doctor,

I am having pain on the inner side of my right knee when I go for run.

Can you help me with some remedy?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Medial collateral ligament vs Medial meniscus tear

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

You seem to be having possible sprain of the medial collateral ligament of that knee. This causes pain on the inner side. Also Medial meniscus tear is a common cause.

It is aisle to get MRI and Xray of the knee to look for the offending cause.

Wear a knee brace. Apply warm packs to the affected region. Avoid cross leg sitting, climbing stairs, kneeling, squatting.

Take Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day after meals and Tablet Rabeprazole twice a day before meals for 5 days.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon