Suggest treatment for severe pain in the knee and hip

Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am 56 years old and I have had knee and hip replacement surgery, L3 - L5fusion with a rod surgically implanted, and rotator cuff surgery in the past 2 years. My other knee and hip are giving me a lot of pain. I'm frightened, what is causing my body to deteriorate at such a n accelerated pace? No accidents car or otherwise. Please help, how can I stop this deterioration?
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Have vit D levels.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

It seems that your bones are weak.

If I am your treating doctor, I would advise you to have vit D, serum calcium, bone mineral density and send me the report.

Also get xray of both knee standing in AP View done and send me the report, I want to see present Condition of joint and condition of bones.

You can have calcium supplement and biphosphonate drugs by prescription of your doctor, I usually advise my patients to have this.

You should also visit orthopedic surgeon and discuss all this with him.

Have milk products in diet.

I hope you got the answer, subsequent query is welcomed.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng