Suggest treatment for severe pain in the hips

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Can require cause joint such as hip pain. I was on 2 mg n went up to 4mg about 3 mos ago and am experiencing considerable pain in my right hip. Also I had a hemoragic stroke two yrs ago that affected my right side. I was left with a nerve damaged right leg Also I am on many medicines for heart disease n a fib. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Require?

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

Please confirm that the medicine name is 'Require'?

I am unable to find any details on such a drug.

Do inform me more about the medicine, it's constituents as well for a better understanding before I can comment.

Thank you.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
The drug is called requip or ropinrole. Other meds I'm on are as follows:

Losartan 100/25, amiodarone 200 mg, atorvastain 40 mg, metoprolol 100 mg, isosorbide 30mg 2x/day, nexium 40 mg 2x/day, ecotrin 81 mg, florastore 250 mg, biotin 5mcg, Zyrtec 10 mg, vagifem 10 mcg, vitamin D 50k 1 day/ week, azelastine n nasonex 2 sprays each in pm, montelukast 10 mg, melatonin 5 mg on occasion.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
No such side effects

Detailed Answer:
Ropinirole does not cause any sort of Bone or limb pain.

Can you describe more about the nerve damage that you have.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy