• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe pain in the hip while having degenerative arthritis

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Arthritis
Question: I have degenerative arthritis is in right hip. for the past 2 weeks, i hve been experiencing increasing pain when i sit..it is in my hip, and down toward my knee..
I have a prescription for meloxican, which i am taking..it's not working well. should i move up my appt with my doctor? Could this be a form of sciatica?
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be sciatica

Detailed Answer:
hi
yes it is a possibility.
sometimes the nerves around the hip or the spine may be irritated as s result of osteophytes or muscle spasm.
this may require muscle relaxants, medication for nerves like pregabalin or physical therapy with gentle exercises in order to overcome the condition.
also calcium and vitamin d should be optimised.
regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Divya Agarwal 29 minutes later
Thank you for your reply.
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
most welcome
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist