Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

159 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for severe pain in the elbow area after a fall

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1994

Answered : 11556 Questions

Posted on Fri, 16 Nov 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: After falling slightly when attempting to get up from a chair my left arm gave way. A couple of hours later I have severe pain in my elbow area. I cannot flex my arm fully, straighten the arm fully or turn the palm over more than 50%.

What can I do? There is nothing to see
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely a fracture or dislocation.

Detailed Answer:


From the symptoms that you have described, it seems that you have suffered a bone injury or a dislocation. An X-ray is needed to find out the cause. Do keep your arm in a sling and avoid all painful activities. Attend an ER or consult an orthopedician.

I hope this answers your query.

Wishing you good health.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Orthopaedic Surgeon

For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on