Suggest treatment for severe pain in the bones

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I have had this problem for many years and it continues to get worse every day. I am on pain medication because I cannot stand the pain otherwise. I have been to many doctors with none of them able to diagnose my problem. I don't where else to turn for help. I have what feels like a deep bone pain. This excruciating pain keeps me up at night. It is in my legs and arms and my back between my shoulder blades. I can feel this pain coming on. It will be 0 on a pain scale(from 1 to 10) and within 5 minutes it can be up to 20. It comes on that quick. Doctors, Chiropractors and myself have never heard of anyone else having this problem. I can not stand the pain and am asking for your help
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to osteoporosis.

Detailed Answer:
The sudden pain in many of your bones can be related to decreased Vitamin D3 levels or osteoporosis. It is good that the pain can be controlled with pain killers. You can get your bone mineral density and Vitamin D3 levels evaluated to know the proper cause. Consulting an orthopedician will be helpful.
You can start with calcium and vitamin D3 supplements meanwhile.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad