Suggest treatment for severe pain in knees and legs

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: hi. my dad is 51 year old and he has lot of field work. his nees and lega pains a lot. and sometimea pain is so bad, he cant walk properly.
can you suggest something to overcome that pain and what can be done to prevent it in future..
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Simple precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic.
Firstly it is very common at this age and more so in people with sedentary lifestyle and are obese.
So in case he is overweight then main punch point is weight reduction which is a long term process as we know.
So for the time being -
- ask him to have a regular walk daily at least for 20 mins, he can sit in between and then walk again in initial few months
- give him a lot of milk and green leafy vegetables
- get his bone mineral density check from a good orthopedic clinic so that we can plan further management
For the time being he can take pain killers off and on but take care to have them with meals and never empty stomach.
All the best.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
everyday hi goes for morning walk.
and meal.is proper. i think it ia becauae od age only.

can you suggest some very effective ointmemt for pain relief
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some formulations advised

Detailed Answer:
Volini and flecon spray have good and quick results.
D.F.O. gel or flexon gel can also be tried.
All these are very good tested and tried for this purpose so will be giving a lot of relief.