Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe pain in jaws left side near the ear

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1540 Questions
I have severe pain in my jaws left side near the ear, not able to chew or move my left side of the mouth. Can you please suggest if i should consult a ENT or dentist. I do not have any cavities thou!
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It seems that the temporomandibular joint - left side is affected in your case. It may even be a dislocation of the joint. I think you first need examination and x-ray of the joint and pain-killers and muscle relaxants prescribed by a physician.

Usually many doctors can become involved with taking care of this issue. These include surgeon (especially oral and maxillofacial surgeon), dentist, General Physician and ENT specialist.

I think the first step should be to visit a surgeon (particularly oral and maxillofacial surgeon).

The initial treatment is usually medical and lifestyle management.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor