• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints

Posted on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in General Health
Question: Sudden onset of severe pain in hip joints and radiating into thigh muscles to the point it is extreamly painful to even put on a pair of socks. Now the pain has spread to my shoulder joints and upper arm muscles, lower back. have tried rubbing effected area with XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and taking aleve with no help,
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: The treatment contains painkillers... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting. Well, in those cases when patients have severe joints and muscle pains I recommend them to use painkillers. More exactly Tramadol 100mg 1 pill a day. As additional treatment I also recommend Butylscopolamine(Buscopan) 10mg. To find the reason and the causes of these pains you need blood test and sedimentation blood rate test. You should contact a reumatologist. Dr. Behar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Behar Greca