Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 621 Questions
Sudden onset of severe pain in hip joints and radiating into thigh muscles to the point it is extreamly painful to even put on a pair of socks. Now the pain has spread to my shoulder joints and upper arm muscles, lower back. have tried rubbing effected area with XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and taking aleve with no help,
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 1 hour later
Brief Answer: The treatment contains painkillers... Detailed Answer: Hi, thank you for posting. Well, in those cases when patients have severe joints and muscle pains I recommend them to use painkillers. More exactly Tramadol 100mg 1 pill a day. As additional treatment I also recommend Butylscopolamine(Buscopan) 10mg. To find the reason and the causes of these pains you need blood test and sedimentation blood rate test. You should contact a reumatologist. Dr. Behar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor