Suggest treatment for severe pain in hand

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have a severe pain in my top right hand side for the past hour . It is just under my right breast. Would this be a form of period pain? Im 39. Thanks.
I still have this pain after 3 hours. Its painful to breathe .
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
cholelithiasis / cholecystitis

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
The pain in the right hypochondrium is unlikely to be your period pain. If the pain is continuous and not subsided by an NSAID then there is all likelihood that it is due to cholecystitis or cholelithiasis ( gall bladder infection/ stones).
It is imperative that you should report to the ER and get an abdominal ultrasoud
done to rule out any cholecystitis/ lithiasis first. In the meantime you may take TAB DICLOFENAC SODIUM 150mg SR for pain relief.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 12 minutes later
What does NSAID mean? Could it possible be a pulled muscle?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
A muscle pull is unlikely to last for more than 3 hrs here. NSAID means non steroidal anti inflammatory drug or simply a pain killer. Diclofenac is a pain killer.
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 18 hours later
Hi, the pain was gone this morning. So could it have been a pulled muscle?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
Well good to hear that your pain got relieved, but i still feel you should get cholecystitis ruled out as muscle pull for more than 2 hrs at a stretch is unlikely and muscle pulls are usually not relieved with pain killers but they are due to electrolyte imbalance and rehydration can help them recover. So an ultrasound is still advisable to be on a safer side.
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist