Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe pain due to pancreatitis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4820 Questions
PLEASE HELP ME!!! I HAVE SOME SERIOUS QUESTIONS AND I AM PETRIFIED!! I FEEL LIKE IM DYING BUT IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN I'll just die here in my home! 1. until 6 months never had anything ever wrong, no surgery, STD s, Never really got in to drinking and don't now, last drink, a sip of Dom perione on new years.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Accident and Emergency
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Advised to go to ER as soon as possible... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. As you are having severe pain until the point that you cannot cough or sneeze, to my opinion, you should go to ER as soon as possible to further evaluate what is really going on inside your abdomen. You are saying to be suffering of pancreatitis and hepatitis; the fall you had last night would have caused more damages to your pancreas/liver until the point you are having a severe pain. Next, attacks of pancreatitis are usually treated in the hospital; so, I highly suggest to get to ER for further treatment. It is not true that there is no treatment option. If the attack is confirmed, antibiotics, fluid replacement and pain killers are used to ease the symptoms. A GI specialist should be consulted to give the most appropriate treatment to you. Furthermore, if you are having hepatitis, the GI specialist should determine the type of hepatitis (viral, bacterial or just inflammation). Depending on the diagnosis, appropriate and specific treatment will be prescribed. I understand you sad situation, but you deserve to live your life without having pain. In nowadays, there exist many treatment options, but you need to consult with the specialist to decide the best for you. I would suggest to take otc pain-killers, but, I doubt they would work for you. At such high score pain, I would prescribe stronger pain-killers iv. Furthermore, they might cause bleeding, which might aggravate your situation. I need to rule out that you do not have any bleeding problems (internal/abdominal bleeding) while you were falling. That's why I strongly suggest to get to ER as soon as possible. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Emergency Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor