• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe pain due to ovarian cysts

Posted on Sat, 8 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: i am having severe pain with ovarian\
cysts. i have one that burst and i was in extreme pain but i have two left and worried about what that will bring with it. my doctor has a new practice where they will not give anything for pain including ibuprofen. I'm in a worst case than that because i actually cannot sleep because of the pain. trust me I'm not looking for anything but i have a follow up in 6-8 weeks to see if the rest burst. does that make sense to you? mostly wondering how to deal with the pain... im going crazy. hot pads? thank you XXXX

well as a teacher i never wrote the question as it looks while you read it. thats unbelievable irritating to me...

i wrote unbelievably as well. is this a site that is taking my info? I am obscenely irritated at this point.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hot compress can help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain in ovarian cysts can be severe at times. iF the pain is associated with periods or mid cycle then it is likely to subside in a day or two. Doing a hot compress can help.
in case the pain is severe and persistent or is associated with vomiting then only prescription medicines can help you. To find out if these are increasing in size or impending cyst burst we need an ultrasound scan. You can attend an ER in that case as it is not advisable to wait for 6-8 weeks for your regular appointment.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN