Suggest treatment for severe pain due to degenerative osteoarthritis

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in my knee and the knee cap is not centered it is on the side. I have been diagnosed with degenerative osteo-arthritis. The pain is excrutiating. It feels like its on fire and feels as if my bone is shredding and breaking off in the tissue. The pain is sharp and almost feels like my tissue is being ripped When i walk ,sit,stand or exercise the pain shoots and radiates through out my knee inner part and the top of my shin. I had an MRI done but was told no negative signs and X-ray showed bone spurs.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Knee replacement will help.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in your knee is due to severe osteoarthritis. If there is no relief with pain medications, TENS unit and local steroid injections then you can consider taking local hyaluronic acid injection.
In case this also doesn't help, then it is best to request your orthopedician for a knee replacement surgery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal