Suggest treatment for severe pain and stiffness of the lower back
Seems sciatica pain;diabetic neuropathy to rule out by neurologist though..
I am sorry for the painful situation you are going through.
You report to have severe pain and stiffness from your lower back down into your legs that makes it difficult to walk and change position.
This makes me think of possible sciatica pain. Perhaps you have dislocated vertebral bones that are affected the local nerves (sciatica nerve) giving the severe pain and stiffness.
Try to keep your lower back warm by wrapping with an warm clothing. That will relieve the spasms and stiffness there.
Apply analgesic cream you find over the counter containing ibuprofen or acetylsalicylic acid. Can apply capsicum patches over the night for the pain.
If after all these measures, you will still have pain, I recommend to run an X-ray of your lower back and pelvis bones together with a good neurological examination by neurologist.
Taking into account that you are 72 years old and have type 2 diabetes, and if nerves are affected; it will take a longer period to ease the pain. However, diabetic neuropathy should be ruled out by neurologist too.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Any suggestion for severe pain in legs feet and back
- Severe pain in back passage
- Severe pain in the back disc related treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Stiffness in right shoulder joint severe pain on stretching treatment
- Severe pain in legs lower back history of aneurysm suggestions
- Sneeze and severe pain in back
- Severe pain in lower back mr findings enclosed suggestion
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris