question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness

Posted on Thu, 1 Dec 2016
Question: I have been recovering from rib injuries on both sides. I noticed that my left breast is lower than it used to be.This has been an extremely painful process.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Could be muscle weakness or maiunited fracture

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic surgeon.
You had Fracture ribs both sides - Right side is 4 weeks old with mastectomy and Left side is 2 weeks old with Lower (L) breast.
In my opinion there are two possibilities
1. Weakness of muscles(loss of normal muscle tone) in chest causing sagging of breast.The level of breast is likely to come back to normal once you regain your muscle tone over a period of time.
2. Malunited Fracture- is less likely cause since the fracture is only two weeks old.
I hope this answers your question. Please don't hesitate to ask any further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. REMY KOSHY
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel (1 hour later)
Tell me more about a malaligned fracture
What are some symptoms.
Brief Answer:
No specific Symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
You want to know about symptoms in case of malaligned fracture.
Normally in malaligned fracture of ribs , there will be no symptoms unless it is multiple fractures with gross malalignment , then there might be alteration in the shape of chest. Only in X ray you will see overriding of bones.
I hope this answers your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon