Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe pain and absence of kidney stones

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
My wife went to the emergency room 4 days ago with severe pain on her right side and moving around to the right front she was given a cat scan which didn't show anything they were checking for kidney stones and found none this is the second time this has happened with the same results all though she has had stones in past and has regular colonoscopy exams and had polyps removed she felt nauseous and very tired they gave her heavy pain meds and nausea pills and is trying to get in to see a urologist what can it be ??
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
maybe the stone had passed out

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Severe pain moving to the front with nausea, with history of kidney stones, is usually seen in stone moving down into the ureter.

So chances are there that the stone might had passed out. Thats why it didn't showed up on the CT.

So assuming the stone is out, with a normal CT, there isn't anything left to be worried about. As other causes of pain in that area like appendicitis, ovarian cyst or tube conditions, are all ruled out with a normal ct.

You may see the urologist, but i believe there is nothing left for him to do.

Hope i have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor