• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe neck pain

Posted on Mon, 27 Feb 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: TODAY AROUND THREE P.M.-I HAD A SEVERE PAIN STARTING AT TH BASE OF MY NECK CONTINUED UP THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY HEAD-(PARITAL AREA)-THE PAIN LASTED ABOUT 10 -20 SECONDS AND THEN was gone-since that episode I have had two other episodes that lasted just seconds but was painful enough that I stopped what I was doing. I have been under a lot of stress so maybe that is what is happening -I am the sole care of my boyfriend who was in a hospital for 3 1/2 months-he is doing better but it still a lot of work.
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take acetaminophen for 2-3 days and adequate rest is advisable

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am
Welcome to health care magic, I have gone through your question very diligently and I really appreciate your concern.

Headache especially confined to parietal region for 10-20 seconds might be related to stress and anxiety, fatigue, inadequate sleep, electrolyte imbalances and dehydration, vascular headache.

I would advise you to take acetaminophen for pain relief and this will help you in better focussing on your task as well as forgetting the incident.

Meanwhile take adequate rest, try some relaxation exercises, yoga and meditation

Have well balanced diet and spare some time for exercise.

If you can't able to sleep properly I would advise you for sedative like zolpidem group of drugs under medical supervision.

If continues or reoccurs frequently than I would advise you to consult a neurologist for checking of blood pressure and physical examination.

Hope this helps you. please feel free to ask for further assistance, I will be happy to help you.
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. BR Hudda