Suggest treatment for severe neck pain and tremors in legs

Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I been going to chiropractors weekly and not holding my adjustment. Neck pain has caused tremors in legs and head.
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
gradual treatment by chiropractor and physiotherapy is the main role of management of apical spinal scoliosis rather than immediate reductions which may aggravate the neuropathic pain causing such facial and feet tremors

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

In my opinion you may lower the number of chiroparactor adjustements but not stopping it completely as it plays a main role in the reduction of your apex .

Apical scoliosis of your vertebrae may need more time . i recommend wearing a scoliosis belt , spinal straightening exercises , physiotherapy , hot massages with topical gels and even yoga helps .

Try painkillers like advil tab twice after meals , pregabalin 400 mg once , B12 vitamin supplementation , muscle relaxants , steroid injections are effective for most cases .

Avoid overweight , heavylifting , vigorous movements , bad sleeping or sitting postures .

If pain persists for more than 6 months i may suggest a new MRI scan and frequent follow up Xrays on your spine and a neurosurgeon point of view for further evaluation of minor endoscopic intervention or even surgical intervention if needed for best management .

Wish you good health,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad