• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe nausea, hypertension and rashes

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My daughter has been suffering from severe nauteousness (usually 9 or 10 days at a time can't keep down water) hypertension and a rash that comes and goes, on her neck and chest. She was sick most of her high school years, was better for 3 and now has it again. What's making her so sick?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems some infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

From your description, it seems some type of infection that maybe causing nausea, rash and high blood pressure. Since nausea is also present, its most probably some gastrointestinal infection.

I recommend that she gets a microbiological testing to find the possible cause of infection. Blood culture and sensitivity will pinpoint the infection.
Let me know any associated symptoms. Kindly upload a photo of the rash and any lab tests done.

Meanwhile you I will suggest the following:
- Cleaner drinking water preferably from reverse osmosis filter
- Regular exercise
- Adequate rest
- Regular monitoring of blood pressure. Whenever hypertension is diagnosed, doctor should also run some basic tests to rule out secondary cause of hypertension
- Medicines to prevent vomiting like gravol syrup etc.
- Avoid unnecessary antibiotics until specific cause is known.

Kindly let me know more details so that I am better able to help.
Dr Vaishalee
Dr. Vaishalee Punj