Suggest treatment for severe muscle cramps in the leg
What can I do to stop the cramps the pain?
Drink adequate water, stretching
I have gone through your query.
It can be due to dehydration, muscle fatigue or electrolyte abnormalities. It is better to drink sufficient fluid and also see that your intake of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium ) is sufficient.
Doing passive stretching exercises of the legs under the guidance of a physiotherapist will also help and along with this putting ice, warm bath, most people get better with these.
Hope this helps
I'll be glad to address your further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe muscle cramp in middle of back
- Severe muscle cramping lyme
- Severe muscle cramp in scoliosis
- Severe muscle cramps in trunk
- Severe muscle cramps from chemo
- Severe muscle cramps hormone replacement therapy
- What causes severe muscle cramps with slight fever
- Severe muscle crampings with chemo treatments
- Losartan severe muscle cramps
- What causes diarrhea followed by severe muscle cramps