question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe menstrual cramps

Posted on Mon, 13 Feb 2017
Question: I have more painful menstrual cramps than normal, should I go see a doctor?

I was sleeping, right about when I woke up (in the morning) I was in strong pain, I went to the bathroom let the blood out, it looked like menstruation.
But it was much more painful than my normal cycle.
I wasn’t able to stand up for a little bit, so I was crouching in the bathroom for a bit.
After that my hands and feet got cold, my head felt like it was floating, it felt a bit like I was anemic.
It was super painful, so I couldn’t move, so I sat down for a bit.
I went back to the futon and rested my body a bit, I had to keep fighting the pain.
I feel asleep eventually, when I woke up the pain was gone but there has been kinda a strange feeling in my lower abdomen (lower belly) since.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You can take an antispasmodic

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
If you are better now, it is okay if you do not see a doctor.
menstrual cramps maybe really bad sometimes.
You may try an OTC antispasmodic, and if that helps, you are fine.
Get an ultrasound scan of your pelvis done sometime though.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN