• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe menorrhagia

Posted on Sat, 12 Aug 2017 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: I'm 43 years old, and have 5 kids. Ive had c sections with all of them, and my tubes tied with the last one on July the1st. This month on the 1st I came on heavy for almost a week. A week later I was taking a bath and stood up for the soap a load of blood came down like a heavy bloody sponge. Now 3 days later I was taking a shower and a load of mucus came down mixed with dirty brownish looking blood. It felt like the heavy bloody sponge also. Two minutes later more came down. It felt as if I was loosing something but not sure. Every since then I spot everyday after I urinate. My feel sleepy more, pain in my right lower stomach and pain floats through my breast. What could be wrong? When I go to stand my joints feel stiff after sitting for more than fifteen minutes.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
menorrhagia- cause needs to be detected.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
In my opinion you are suffering from menorrhagia.

There are so many disease which causes menorrhagia. To rule out those you should go for blood profile, ultrasonography, thyroid profile, endometrial biopsy, hormonal profile or sometimes you required D&C.

Blood profile rules out anaemia and bleeding disorder disease.

Ultrasonography rules out fibroid, adenomyosis and polyp.

Endometrial biopsy rules out endometrial cancer.

You can try the following till you get your test reports done.
1) Take iron supplement.
2) Use Trapic-MF, ibuprofen and oral contraceptive pills to stop bleeding. You will need a written prescription from a doctor for these medicines.
3) You can go for minera IUD once your cause is rule out.
4) Eat healthy and leafy vegetables and fruits.
5) D&C may also be helpful in some cases.

You should consult a gynecologist and get your examination and investigation done to find out the cause.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN