Suggest treatment for severe lower backpain
Suregry needed if there is nerve compression.
Thanks for posting your query.
If there is a collapsed vertebra or excessive slipping out with nerve root compression that is causing you an unbearable pain then surgical treatment should be considered.
It looks like your current occupation would definitely not help with the condition you have. Signs of worsening of symptoms are- pain causing disability, numbness, weakness, loss of urinary or bowel control.
When the symptoms get worse, kindly visit an Orthopedician or a Spine surgeon for a surgical management.
Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
- If the pain is severe, you need bed rest till the pain resolves.
- Get some analgesics and muscle relaxants prescribed and apply analgesic spray or ointments.
- While resting, keep a pillow under your knees if it doesn't bother you.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Needs regular exercises.
Thanks for writing again.
The degenerative disc disease is progressive in nature. If the lumbar vertebrae are fused then the disc may degenerate at thoracic vertebrae. You need to have regular physiotherapy and back strengthening exercises after the surgery to retard the disease progression.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe vertigo
- Suggest treatment for severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for severe hairfall
- Suggest treatment for severe anxiety
- Suggest treatment for severe snoring
- Suggest treatment for severe tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation
- Suggest treatment for severe hairloss
- Suggest treatment for severe headache
- Suggest treatment for backpain