• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe lower abdominal pain

Posted on Sat, 28 May 2016 in Lump
Question: I have a sharp in my lower abdomen on right side in one specific location it feels like something is trying to poke through something im expecting a lump but its not a lump there. But the pain happens when I stand up and every so often when I'm walking like every 3 or 4 minutes comes and goes.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inguinal hernia can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

The symptoms you have mentioned are very characteristic for inguinal hernia. The pain (and/or protrusion) can be more noticeable when standing and coughing, lifting heavy objects or pushing hard on stool.

I suggest you to consult general surgeon. Physical examination is usually enough to diagnose it. In case of doubts, ultrasound can be done.

Hernia can be repaired with a surgery.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon