Suggest treatment for severe lower abdominal pain
Inguinal hernia can be the reason.
Thank you for the query.
The symptoms you have mentioned are very characteristic for inguinal hernia. The pain (and/or protrusion) can be more noticeable when standing and coughing, lifting heavy objects or pushing hard on stool.
I suggest you to consult general surgeon. Physical examination is usually enough to diagnose it. In case of doubts, ultrasound can be done.
Hernia can be repaired with a surgery.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe lower abdominal pain mirena
- Severe lower abdominal pain what could this be
- Severe lower abdominal pain after intercourse
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain
- Severe lower abdominal pain when going to toilet
- Have had a mirena iud severe lower abdominal pain suggest
- Lower abdominal pains with severe dyskaryosis
- Treatment for lower abdominal pain
- Lower abdominal pain taken proverb treatment reason
- What is the reason for severe lower abdominal pains