Suggest treatment for severe lower abdominal pain during pregnancy

Posted on Thu, 29 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: My wife is in early pregnancy, couple of days back she got positive result.... Now she is having severe lower abdomen pain with some vaginal bleeding (as in normal periods) Pain will be there for less than an hour. Kindly please help me
Answered by Dr. Soumya 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take Duphaston

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

You are likely to be undergoing miscarriage. This miscarriage sometimes presents like this.

I would suggest 4 tablets of Duphaston (40 mg) now immediately. This is a prescription drug. Her gynecologist will know about it. Let her take complete rest thereafter.

See your doctor tomorrow for transvaginal ultrasound scan.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 38 minutes later
Ok Mam thank you so much for the reply but can I take mestal spas for the pain ?I want to tell you clearly before I take any tablet mam..usually my periods cycle is around 30 to 34 days. So we took 1st home pregnancy test on my 40th day..it was faintly positive but on the same day evening brown stretchy discharge started..on 41st day it was little more with Lower abdomen pain. We consulted doctor on the same day and doctor informed us that its a old blood coming out and
Pregnancy is not shown clearly in urine test.so doctor asked us Wai for 5days and will re test it again and gave me duphaston tablet..today I got sever lower left side abdomen pain along with leg pain and bleeding too...so please suggest me..shall I take duphaston and meftal spas both? Please help me
Answered by Dr. Soumya 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:

Yes. You can take meftal spas along with duphaston.

I also suggest you get transvaginal ultrasound scan done to identify if there is ectopic pregnancy.

Ectopic pregnancy might cause severe pain with bleeding.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN