Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
ORS is the mainstay of treatment
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Loose motion can occur due to a number of causes. Most of the causes are self limiting and irrespective of use of antibiotics, it takes 3-5 days to recover. Unless associated with bloody diarrhea, antibiotics need not be given. But the mainstay of treatment if ORS or oral rehydration solution. You have to take ORS and plenty of fluids to avoid getting dehydrated from the salts and water lost with the motions. If the urinary frequency is normal you need not worry. But if urinary output comes down, it would be wise to visit the ER and get yourself evaluated for signs of dehydration.
Let me know if I could be of further help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Loose motion treatment
- Suggest treatment to stop loose motions after a feed
- Suggest treatment for loose motion
- What is the treatment for loose motion
- Treatment for frequent loose motion
- Suggest treatment for vomitting and loose motions with fever
- Allopathic treatment for loose motions
- What treatment do you suggest for loose motions
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and loose motions
- Treatment and cure for loose motion
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation