Suggest treatment for severe leg cramps
Stretching, warm bath, quinine sulphate.
Thanks for your question.
Leg cramps are very common and troublesome. It is important to make sure that there is no underlying cause to your leg cramps and so you should have your dr examine the pulses and nerves in your legs and do some routine blood work to rule out an underlying cause.
The symptoms can be helped by taking a warm bath and stretching before bed time. Quinine sulphate tablets can be of benefit. This is found naturally in tonic water and so you can take a glass of this before bed to see if this helps.
If you have varicose veins or venous insufficiency then this can contribute to your symptoms and compression stockings or surgery to deal with these venous issues can be of benefit.
I hope this answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe leg cramps genetics
- Severe leg cramps followed by bruising
- Severe leg cramp light headed
- Severe leg cramps slurring speech
- Severer leg cramp followed by shaking
- Severe leg cramps and hiv
- Sudden severe leg cramp pain
- Sudden and severe leg cramps
- Post polio and severe leg cramps
- Severe leg cramps during period
- Suggest treatment for muscle tear
- What does a heart rate of 150 beats per minute during pregnancy indicate?
- Suggest treatment to repair Achilles' tendon
- Suggest treatment for pain due to familial hypermobility syndrome
- What causes knee pain in a toddler?
- Is muscle and joint pain with weakness symptoms of fibromyalgia?
- What causes pain in ribs under the breast area?
- What causes stiffness on upper back and shoulder blades?
- Sugggest treatment for muscle spasms in back and neck
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and back pain