• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for severe leg and knee pain

Posted on Sat, 5 Aug 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My legs ache so bad and the pain is horrible. Nothing I take seems to help. The pain is all in my thigh, hurts in the knees and down the shins. It is even hard to walk. Help!!
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Taking juicy fruits should help in resolution of the problem

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that somehow you have developed an electrolyte imbalance. I would insist you to take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and in reduction of the cramps. You also need to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
I don't have cramps in my legs. My legs ache, they hurt. All I drink is water and juice. I never even said cramps. My legs feel like a tooth ache........ they hurt so bad. You are an expert???? thanks for nothing.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Muscle fatigue is the likely cause

Detailed Answer:
Yes, I understand that your legs hurt. Although you do not feel active cramps it is likely that your muscles are unable to relax properly and this is identical to cramps. This causes the muscles to get fatigued and leads to accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles which in turn causes the pain. This is likely to hurt bad, much like a toothache.

Let me assure you that I have expertise in the matter and am adequately qualified to guide you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1954

Answered : 4439 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Electrolyte imbalance

doctor1 MD

Hi dr xxxxxxxx as requested I had blood panel done and they came back normal no signs of heart attack or enzymes I have a stress test set up...

doctor1 MD

My wife is 77 years old. In 2016, she had 1/2 of right lung removed due to lung cancer . She then had a-fib and later chemo for cancer. In march...

doctor1 MD

I am a 72 yr old female. For the past week, I have been suffering on and off with upper posterior thigh muscle spasms, together with a knife-like...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

130 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha
  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe loose motion

  • Q - Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain

  • Q - Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?

  • Q - What causes unusual sweating?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS

  • Q - What are the side effects of Superglue injection?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth

  • Q - Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe constipation