• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for severe knee pain

Posted on Wed, 12 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My father is facing seviour knee pain so doctor asked to get the MRI done, attached. As per doctor there is NO gap or joint damage so priscibed attached medicine, but after few days of having this medicine he got some swelling on face and legs for which he also got LFT and uric acid test which is also normal. Please suggest if the MRI and priscibed medicine is OK for pain relief and also what is causing swelling.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its not like that only joint space narrowing, there are other thing to see

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

i disagree with your doctor. Joint space narrowing is not the only finding, there are other thing to see also which are mentioned in your MRI SCAN. So in my opinion, definitely there are are osteoarthritic changes which my be of low grade, but present.

You cannot ignore that, also there is grade 2 signal medial meniscus.

These things are sufficient to cause joint swelling.

In my opinion you should not squat and avoid upstairs and prolong standing as much as you can.

Medicine advised to you is ok, but as you are having swelling in-spite of having medicine, you should stop taking that.

In addition also get RA factor quantitative, ESR, CRP leves checked and send me the report.

I think you can discuss with your orthopedic surgeon also, as he may change the medicine and advise you medicine like jointbond XXXXXXX tab.aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside 4mg twice a day.

Once the pain subside then you can be considered for intraarticular steroid or hyaluronic acid injection.

Physiotherapy is must for you.

I hope you have got the point.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1041 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Hyaluronic acid

doctor1 MD

What is the solution Female, 28 Please I need a help as I had overdose Hyaluronidase and this has damaged my face , and my skin , I used to have...

doctor1 MD

I had injection of Voluma about a month and a half ago under the eye area on the cheek bone. Last night I cried for the first time since having it...

doctor1 MD

As the winter has finally come, I would like to know best body lotion and lip care products that I should use to keep my dry skin well...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

173 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Chander Mohan Singh
  • Q - What does MRI report taken after lower limb pain suggest?

  • Q - Suggest dosage of albendazole 400mg for thread worm?

  • Q - What is the treatment for aritis spine,hoarseness in voice,heavy chest...

  • Q - Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?

  • Q - Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?

  • Q - Will I be disabled due to arm and carpel tunnel surgery?

  • Q - Can injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee after...

  • Q - What is the treatment for painful boil in nose for insulin dependents?

  • Q - Is it possible that previous knee injuries cause problems in hip joint?

  • Q - What is the cause for pain and burning sensation in right arm and thigh?