• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe knee pain

Posted on Wed, 12 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My father is facing seviour knee pain so doctor asked to get the MRI done, attached. As per doctor there is NO gap or joint damage so priscibed attached medicine, but after few days of having this medicine he got some swelling on face and legs for which he also got LFT and uric acid test which is also normal. Please suggest if the MRI and priscibed medicine is OK for pain relief and also what is causing swelling.
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Its not like that only joint space narrowing, there are other thing to see

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

i disagree with your doctor. Joint space narrowing is not the only finding, there are other thing to see also which are mentioned in your MRI SCAN. So in my opinion, definitely there are are osteoarthritic changes which my be of low grade, but present.

You cannot ignore that, also there is grade 2 signal medial meniscus.

These things are sufficient to cause joint swelling.

In my opinion you should not squat and avoid upstairs and prolong standing as much as you can.

Medicine advised to you is ok, but as you are having swelling in-spite of having medicine, you should stop taking that.

In addition also get RA factor quantitative, ESR, CRP leves checked and send me the report.

I think you can discuss with your orthopedic surgeon also, as he may change the medicine and advise you medicine like jointbond XXXXXXX tab.aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside 4mg twice a day.

Once the pain subside then you can be considered for intraarticular steroid or hyaluronic acid injection.

Physiotherapy is must for you.

I hope you have got the point.

Thanks,

Dr.CHANDER XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon