Suggest treatment for severe knee pain

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
My wife, 39 has a severe knee pain. We consulted a doctor following which tests were done. You can find the scan reports attached. Subsequently, we consulted an orthopaedic surgeon who said that there is a procedure called 4m Orthotherapy which can cure this condition completely without any invasive procedures or drugs. The treatment protocol is on the last page of the scan report (page 5/5). My questions are:

1. Can 4m Orthotherapy, given along the lines mentioned i nthe last page of the report deal with my wife's condition and cure her completely?
2. Apart from the above-said therapy, what will be the standard treatment plan for her condition?

Thanks
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Arthritis

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload the reports.

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry but there are no reports attached to this query. You may attach them using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page-right hand side.
Or do care to send it to YYYY@YYYY with my name (Attn : Dr Praveen Tayal ) in the subject.
4m Orthotherapy is an advanced non-surgical- orthopedic manual therapy for spinal disc prolapse with nerve root compression and knee pain due to osteoarthritis. It helps in decreasing the pain and swelling by realignment of the joint thus decreasing the stress. The effect is similar to traction. The efficacy of the treatment varies from individual to individual. It can be tried to delay the surgical treatment. Long tern effects of the therapy are not known.
Waiting for the reports.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for severe knee pain 1 hour later
Thanks doctor.

The reports are now attached. Could you please let me know if we can go for orthotherapy, given the reports? Also, please let me know the standard treatment plan for this case (question 2 in my original post).

You had mentioned that orthotherapy may "delay" the surgery. Could you please let me know if it would completely avoid it?

Thanks again

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seen the reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Your wife has severe osteoarthritic changes in both the knee joints. The treatment options include pain killers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc and some life style modifications and physiotherapy.
Orthotherapy is a kind of physiotherapy which will decrease the pain and improve the stability of the joints. You can go for this therapy as advised. Since these are age related degenerative changes of the joints with advancing age the disease will progress and knee replacement may be needed after 15-20 years even after orthotherapy. Regular exercise is needed to keep the joint mobility intact. It cannot completely replace the surgery.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.