Suggest treatment for severe knee pain caused by osteo arthritis
Ice is for first 24 to 48 hours
I have studied your case.whenever there is injury in knee initially 24 to 48 hours needs ice application. After that ice is not useful. After hot water fomentation is done. It can be done by washing your knee with gentle warm water.
So at present if your injury is less then 48 hours old then apply ice. If it is more then 48 hours old then you should do hot water fomentation.
I hope this answer will be useful for you.Let me now if there is any other followup questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prevent disfigurement in osteo arthritis
- Joint pain unani osteo arthritis
- Cervicalgia and osteo arthritis of neck
- Have osteo arthritis causes
- Symptoms of Have osteo arthritis
- Osteo arthritis with spurs
- Arthritis treatment for knee pain
- Osteo arthritis and underactive thyroid
- Diagnosis of Have osteo arthritis
- Treatment and cure for Have osteo arthritis