Suggest treatment for severe joint pain

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
My spouse recently had viral fever with symptoms of Chikungunya. Mainly had fever and sudden severe joints pain. Dengue test came negative. This was about 2 months back. The symptoms are reduced now but joints pain continues. But lately having palpitation when sleeping. Should an ECG or other tests be done? Or is this normal? And what are the next steps please?
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After reading the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your wife and I would like to tell you that if she is complaining of palpitations or fast heart rate after a viral illness then it's advisable that you should get an ECG as well as an Echocardiography done for her.

Sometime after viral illnesses heart gets affected temporarily so it's better to evaluate it.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap