Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles

Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

Posted on Wed, 14 Dec 2016 in Lupus
Question: As far as I know, my family has no arthritis. I dont have any difficulty when turning position. And I not feel pain in my back. I not feel Any other joint pains like kness elbows or ankles. The only thing I feel is discomfort in my back and my neck. Rigidity also feels stiffness in the jaw. I did xray for my chest everything normal. Arthritis is accompanied by lupus. Take this doubt. Plz
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is very unlikely to be lupus but some tests me might be done to be sure

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking at HCM.
I carefully read your question and went through the attached test results.

The test have minor changes with lipids that are not necessarily important if you have normal blood pressure and glucose levels (if you have no diabetes- the tests show your sugar to be in normal values).

The neck X-ray does not support finidngs related to lupus either.

I do not see any finding by what you explain to be concerned about lupus.
If you are concerned of lupus there are a few tests that need to be done and that are not included in the tests you have attached.

You might need to have these tests done: CBC, ERS, PCR, FR, ANA, Anti DsDNA antibodies and Anti Sm antibodies.

I would also recommend a low back xray also as I did not see a result of it in the attached documents.

If the above tests come out normal than it is less likely you have lupus.

The neck and back stiffness might be helped with physiotherapy (PT)and posture correcting exercises. I would recomen you to speak with a PT and have the needed exercises to help your back feel better.

I hope this answers to your question and is helpful to you.
Please let me know if anymore clarifications are needed realted to this question

Kind Regards,

Dr Antoneta Zotaj
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 24 hours later
Good night u saw my xray u think I have arthritis ?? Arthritis in the neck ?? I do not feel any pain. Only stiffness and too much tension and crackling. Im very worry.
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neck X-ray does not have clear evidence or arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

The X-ray result you send has few changes that are normal with age close to 40- called ostheophytes. They are very common and there is generally no treatment for them and there is no need for treatment.

The neck is more straightened than it should be but the vertebra and the discs in between are normal so it is most likely it is related to muscular tension and constrictions so having a check with a physiotherapist would help identify the muscles that are causing the spasms and help them relax.

So in my oppnion, the X-ray findings do not see clear evidence of arthritis but very likely you are having problems with the muscles and posture.

Hope this is helpful and answers to your question.

Kind regards

Dr Antoneta Zotaj