Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
It is very unlikely to be lupus but some tests me might be done to be sure
Thanks for asking at HCM.
I carefully read your question and went through the attached test results.
The test have minor changes with lipids that are not necessarily important if you have normal blood pressure and glucose levels (if you have no diabetes- the tests show your sugar to be in normal values).
The neck X-ray does not support finidngs related to lupus either.
I do not see any finding by what you explain to be concerned about lupus.
If you are concerned of lupus there are a few tests that need to be done and that are not included in the tests you have attached.
You might need to have these tests done: CBC, ERS, PCR, FR, ANA, Anti DsDNA antibodies and Anti Sm antibodies.
I would also recommend a low back xray also as I did not see a result of it in the attached documents.
If the above tests come out normal than it is less likely you have lupus.
The neck and back stiffness might be helped with physiotherapy (PT)and posture correcting exercises. I would recomen you to speak with a PT and have the needed exercises to help your back feel better.
I hope this answers to your question and is helpful to you.
Please let me know if anymore clarifications are needed realted to this question
Dr Antoneta Zotaj
Neck X-ray does not have clear evidence or arthritis
The X-ray result you send has few changes that are normal with age close to 40- called ostheophytes. They are very common and there is generally no treatment for them and there is no need for treatment.
The neck is more straightened than it should be but the vertebra and the discs in between are normal so it is most likely it is related to muscular tension and constrictions so having a check with a physiotherapist would help identify the muscles that are causing the spasms and help them relax.
So in my oppnion, the X-ray findings do not see clear evidence of arthritis but very likely you are having problems with the muscles and posture.
Hope this is helpful and answers to your question.
Dr Antoneta Zotaj
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of Severe joint pain
- What causes severe joint pain
- Severe joint pain in feet
- Treatment and cure for Severe joint pain
- Severe joint pain causes
- Symptoms of Severe joint pain
- Severe joint pain at night
- Severe joint pain and fatigue
- Is gabapentin recommended for severe joint pain
- Severe joint pain and elevated wbc
- What causes an episode of chills, dizziness and focusing issues?
- What causes mildly raised INR level despite taking Warfarin?
- What does the following colposcopy report indicate?
- What do the following ultrasound reports indicate?
- What causes a red rash on the arm?
- What causes diarrhea, severe cramps and bloating?
- Suggest treatment for small bumps between the legs and near the buttocks
- What causes redness in the eyes?
- Suggest treatment for severe joint pain in the knees, elbows and ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches and mouth ulcers while having...