Suggest treatment for severe itchy skin
Possibility of xerosis; i suggest adding am-lactin lotion and cetrizine tab
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have gone through your query and I have noted down your concern.
I will keep a possibility of Xerosis i.e extreme dryness of skin, as an underlying condition.
Xerosis of skin is a common in individuals over 60 years of age, and is due to reduced capacity of skin to store moisture which as a result escapes into atmosphere (specially in cold, dry weather) leaving the skin dry and itchy.
Do you notice any skin lesions? Or there aren't any skin lesions?
Can you tell me which lotion you are using?
In addition to triamcinolone acetonide cream, you should also apply a moisturiser because the underlying factor is most likely severe dryness of skin.
You may use an ammonuim lactate based moisturiser e.g Am-Lactin Lotion, twice daily.
In addition to hydroxyzine, you can add a tablet of cetrizine 10 mg once daily in evening.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for itchy skin and gallbladder
- Severe dandruff acne itchy skin and cracked foot treatment
- Treatment for itchy skin
- Black scars and spots on legs itchy skin treatment
- Suggest treatment for itchy skin
- Itchy skin during periods no std treatment
- What is the treatment for dry itchy skin
- Itchy skin bumps treatment
- Is lac hydrin used in the treatment of itchy skin ?
- Suggest medication for itchy skin
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body