Suggest treatment for severe itching on the penis

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Jan 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My penis area is looking this which is really worrying me., as after all the medicines u guys gave like terbinafine amd oral.. i start itching when the duration of working of cotrizene gets finished.+ i have used powder.. so thaty why this whitty stuff
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and would like to ask you few questions:
For how long are you using terbinafine cream and tablet ?
What is the extent of your itching or burning?
Kindly revert with the answers.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
for around 2-3 days.. the temptation of itching is not very much though but when i start itching then its very hard to stop for me.! and the terbinafine cream causes a lot of smell thats y i put powder there.!
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue terbinafine tab, change topical antifungal & take levocetrizine

Detailed Answer:
2-3 days is too less a time to see the benefit of these medicines.
I would recommend you to continue with terbinafine tablet.
If you are not fine in using terbinafine cream I would recommend you to change it to some other topical antifungal like sertaconazole cream or luliconazole cream.
For itching instead of Cetrizine I would recommend you to take tablet levocetrizine 5 mg twice daily for 2 weeks.
Besides this keep the area dry, wear cotton underwear, stay in cool airy environment and avoid sharing of soap and towel.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
So the problem that i am having is fungal infection onlyby seeing my imagesand it wil tak2-4 weaks to heal? right..
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes looking like fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
By looking at the images you have uploaded it is looking like fungal infection and will take 2-3 weeks to resolve.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng