Suggest treatment for severe itching on the penile shaft

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: concerned that this as been on my shaft for 6 weeks , as I work away I can not get to my doctors , could u tell me if it's something to worry about
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information and post clear photographs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Male/44 - something on shaft of penis for last 6 weeks - working away - can not get to the Doctors - wants to know whether there is something to worry about.
Picture seen, good one but clearest and focused picture can give on-the-spot diagnosis.
Also provide some additional history:
- Is it of the same size for the last 6 weeks?
- Any itching, bleeding, discharge?
- Any history of risky sexual behavior, unprotected sex or so?
- Any other information that you would like to provide.

Please post fresh photographs which should be clear and focused on the lump.
Awaiting.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 26 minutes later
it's not sore or itchy I always wear a condom it has grown from wen I first noticed it no bleeding or discharge
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks to be a genital wart as per the picture you have provided.

Detailed Answer:
This looks to be a genital wart caused by HPV.
Please consult a Dermatologist to get a proper solution to be applied and the way to apply it.
It is possible that he may treat by the methods available with him like cauterization and so on.