Suggest treatment for severe itching on the left arm

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a severe itching on my left arm that won't go away. I see no rash. It's a prickly, tingling itch, almost like nerve endings. Anti-itch creams don't help.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please attach picture

Detailed Answer:
welcome to HCM,

I have read your query,

Severe itching on left arm could be allergic or eczema or could be due to fungal infection, so I'd like to rule out them one by one by clinical examination.

For that, I would need to see the itchy area at least once, so please take a picture and upload it on the right side of query page at the reports section.

Also, please let me know, since how may days you have itching over left arm?

Awaiting your response.

Dr XXXXXXX kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee