Suggest treatment for severe itching and numbness in the arm
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I doubt if the itchiness and numbness are related. The itchiness could be due to a fungal or an allergic cause. But the numbness is more likely to be due to nerve compression. Which nerve and where exactly it is getting compressed - can only be ascertained after a careful neurological evaluation. Vertebral spondylosis or stenosis are likely causes which could also explain the hip pain.
I would insist you to get a neurological opinion first. Based on it a neurosurgical opinion or an orthopedic opinion needs to be obtained. Physiotherapy and hot compress would provide some relief. Vertebral traction might be needed. Neurosurgery would be needed only in extreme cases.
Let me know if I could be of further assistance.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for severe itching on inner thighs and testicles
- Severe itching with vitiligo is there a non-medical treatment
- Suggest treatment for numbness at injection site on the arm
- Treatment and cure for Severe itching
- Suggest treatment for severe itching in pubic area
- Suggest treatment for numbness on shoulders and right arm
- Sever itch on testicals aurvedic treatment
- Suggest treatment for severe itching with sensitivity to cold
- Headaches and severely itching arms
- Broken arm below the shoulder had surgery severe itching treatment