Suggest treatment for severe hip pain, weak thigh and gluteal muscles
May be having disc prolapse/lumbar spondylitis
Thanks for your query.
I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar.
After going through your query I think you are suffering from lumbar disc prolapse with sciatica. You can confirm it by MRI lumbar spine.
Treatment of it is rest in position of comfort usually lateral position with hip and knee bend. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are helpful in pain relief. Mecobalamine is helpful in recovery.
Second possibility is lumbar spondylitis treatment of it is back exercise, analgesic, glucosamine and Mecobalamine. You can also rule out osteoarthritis of hip X-Ray of hip joints.
You can discuss it with your doctor.
Hope I answered your query. If you have further clarification please don't hesitate to write to me.I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you a good health. Take care.
You may be having early oesteoarthritis of hip
After going through your query and follow up query I thought pain may be due to spinal origin as you mentioned it to be severe one and mentioned about it felt in night down in right leg. After carefully considering your query and follow up query I consider that you are most likely having early osteoarthritis of right hip joint.It can be confirmed by X-ray pelvis with both hip-AP view. Treatment of it is analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Diacerine and glucosamine sulfate help in prevention of cartilage degeneration and promote cartilage regeneration.
I still consider second possibility as lumbar spinal cause (lumbar disc prolapse or lumbar spodylitis). These can be evaluated by lumbar spine MRI as already discussed.
I don't think it due muscle weakness,however muscle weakness can be caused by disuse of hip due to pain.
Other things already discussed.
You can discuss with your Doctor about it.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.If you have no clarification then you can close the query and rate the answer.
Wishing your friend good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for hip pain
- Treatment and cure for chronic hip pain
- What is the treatment for hip pain
- Hip pain treatment options
- Suggest treatment for back and hip pain
- What is the treatment for right hip pain
- Treatment for bilateral hip pain
- Severe back and hip pain
- Severe hip pain in men
- Suggest treatment for hip pain
- What does the CT scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pain in mid back and left shoulder
- What is the recovery period after hip replacement?
- Suggest treatment for severe hip pain, weak thigh and gluteal muscles
- Suggest treatment for gout flare up on left elbow
- What causes large swollen area on top of arm below collar bone?
- What causes pain and numbness in hands?
- Suggest treatment for cervical stenosis
- What causes heel pain?
- Suggest treatment for stiff and heavy neck with burning eyes and pain in...