Suggest treatment for severe hip pain and nausea
Need more information
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I will however need more information.
I am entering my questions, please try to answer them.
How long have the symptoms been present?
How much is the extent of pain?
How intense is the pain on a scale of 1 to 10.
Is there any tenderness- pain on touching the area?
IS there any other joint involved?
Has this happened before?
Are you on any regular prescription?
As for the nausea, it may be due to intake of pain killers, due to possible gastritis. I therefore suggest initiating Tab Omeprazole 20 mg twice a day.
Please respond to the questions for further information.
Thanks for the response.
Yes you can get omeprazole off the counter- its basically an antacid.
Then also, the vomiting may be due to the pain itself.
I will suggest the following tests-
1. MRI LS spine.
2. X ray pelvis with bilateral hips.
3. Ra factor and uric acid.
If you let me know the reports, I may be able to help you further.
Meanwhile starting physiotherapy may be able to help you.
Please feel free to contact me for further information.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the possible reasons for tingling and numbness in my left arm?
- What does dark smelly stools when suffering from diabetes indicate?
- Can I take Ganaton, Motilium and Neksium for severe stomach pain?
- What can cause bumps around my foreskin and why am I having electric...
- Is low testosterone and high TSH related to anterior pituitary gland...
- What is the cure for dementia, high cholesterol and macular degeneration...
- Is pain pump a good solution for burning pain after colonoscopy while...
- Suggest treatment for hyperthyroidism
- Is it safe to consume whisky while taking insulin for diabetes?
- Are there any alternatives to benzodiazepine drugs to control anxiety?