Suggest treatment for severe hemorrhoids due to Pravastatin

Question
I have been taking pravastatin sodium 40mg for 6 years I take at night before bedtime and sometimes I wake up with a dry throat and now my hemroids are bothering me itching, bleeding I have try using hemroid medication. it hasn,t help.
Fri, 18 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dry throat can be caused by pravastatin

Detailed Answer:

there are some reports for dry mucous membranes with pravastatin use but this symptom is not very common. Worsening of symptoms related to the hemorrhoids cannot be attributed to pravastatin unless it has caused constipation (which is a potential side effect of this drug). Problems with the hemorrhoids can only be dealt with by relieving constipation. Eating more fiber, drinking more water and being physically active is what you can do about it. If the aforementioned measures won't work and your hemorrhoids are giving you a lot of trouble then only a surgeon may help.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind regards!