Suggest treatment for severe heel pain

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: hello doctor.
my wife has been having in her left foot sole since last 2 months. need your best advise and if there is some medication for relieving the pain for a few days as we marriage function at home. please advise.
Thank you. .
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Explained below...

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

Before I could guide you any further, I would like to know a few details related:

- any history of trauma or fall?
- any history of morning stiffness of joints, rheumatic fever, diabetes?
- any restriction of movements over the joint involved?

The most common cause for heel pain is plantar fascitis. This is a condition wherein, there is irritation or inflammation over the muscles and tendons attached to the respective area. Normally, these ligaments act as shock absorbers, supporting the arch of the foot. They may get inflammed due to undue stress to them.

The treatment options available are as follows:
- soaking in warm saline water for 30 minutes daily will help in relieving the inflammation of the ligaments.
- take Tab. Zerodol P twice daily for 3 days and later only when needed
- If it does not relieve with medication, corticosteroid injections are available which can be taken locally and will ensure prompt relief.
- Also another method is the use of ankle braces or splints which you can get it prescribed by a doctor as per the size and use it while walking or during any activities causing stress to the ankle.

Hope i have answered to your query,

Please feel free to discuss further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy